A lot has been said lately about the state of
education in the country: the cost of schools and universities, the quality of
teachers, how many hours people spent in a classroom, how many professionals we
have in the end of a years and how many find jobs or not. But not much has been
said about schools as a living place, with the exception of alternative ways of
learning, which are generally excluded from the big picture of education.
Before start talking why I consider this
important I want to go depth about a living place. When I refer to a school as
a living place I’m pointing to all the social life that happens amount the
students, which take place during a considerable amount of time.
The reason of why I consider this quality an
important one is because of the great potential that it has like a tool to
prepare students as social beings, and not only that, it can also prepare them
for discussion about academic and daily themes, about empathy, in the end, to
prevent the bubble that affect to most of students today who when finish their
studies “don’t know nothing”.
This can be helped by strengthen the dialogue
amount students about their reality, encouraging them to see the world beyond
the classroom so they can have an active voice, and so, taking advantage of
that time we can create student with the ability to see the world with others
eyes and involves themselves with the actual scenery.
Comments
Post a Comment